domingo, 4 de junio de 2017

Workplace Pivacy



     Privacy in our workplaces is definitely a relevant issue, because is important to maintain a surveillance for protection, and in case of anything happen. And of course employers and business owners have the right to keep an eye on what their employees are doing but, on the other hand, employees doesn’t have any certainty of how that information is being used, at least in the Dominican Republic.


     For example on my job, like a year ago the owners placed several cameras more than they had before. I understand that in a case of robbery they need those cameras for caught the criminals, but is a hard contrast when I see my boss monitoring the cameras in her cell phone, at any time when she is arriving or leaving, with no other reason, at least for me, than to spy us. I know it sounds a bit exaggerated but that’s how I feel, like if she doesn’t trust in us her employees. And this is the main problem, trust.


      My workplace is not a big one, and we are not more than fifteen employees in six separated areas. At first we felt like our relative privacy was invaded, but we get used to the cameras with time. Even so the feeling of being on constant surveillance for other reasons that for our protection, it bothers me.


     But generally speaking, having cameras surveillance in spaces where we work, shop, or have fun is a necessary safety measure that must be managed with responsibility and not like a personal reality show.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario